Thursday, March 24, 2011

10 day get-away...

...to Myrtle Beach, SC :)
 

SO, I did not blog yesterday because I was busy scrambling to pack all day! I made the last minute decision to join my cousins, aunt, and mom on a road trip to Myrtle Beach! My younger cousins are on a competitive cheerleading squad called North Coast All-Stars (which is actually my old competitive cheerleading squads' rivals, but I still support them of course! :) They rock!) The 2-day competition will take place over the weekend and following week is the girls' spring break. My uncle couldn't make it because of work so my mom offered to keep my aunt company on the ride and help out with the girls, and there was extra space so they invited me along too! 

Who is able to pack up and leave at the drop of a hat, you wonder? 
 What about work, you ask? 
 I haven't posted about work lately (I've been too busy gabbing about shopping!), but for the update I gave my 2 weeks notice at the restaurant (2 weeks ago) because I accepted a new job as co-director of the summer camp that I worked at last summer, which I am very excited about! Yesterday was my last day of work at the restaurant, which was bittersweet, but it was perfect timing because I was able to go on this trip! Also, because it will be spring break for the schools, I won't be getting any subbing jobs either, so I figured what the heck, there's really NO reason not to go! The only thing on my "reasons not to go" list was the fact that I will miss my friends, cat, and boyfriend...but I think they will somehow manage without me :P

We drove 8 hours today and just arrived in North Carolina, where we will be spending the night. We have a 4 hour drive tomorrow and then we will arrive here:


 Ohhhh yeaaa baby! :)

It is currently 77 degrees in Myrtle, 60 in Greensboro (where we are now), and 33 back home in Cleveland! This brings a huge smile to my face :) BUT I'm knockin' on wood because there is a chance of rain in the 10 day forecast.
  
We just got back from dinner at a local Italian restaurant called L'Italiano Ristorante and it was DELISH! I'm so glad we didn't judge the place by the outside appearance because it was some of the best Italian food I've had, and I work(ed) in an Italian restaurant. I got the lobster ravioli in a pink vodka sauce and it was to die for! I shouldn't have done it, but I also got tiramisu, one of my favorites...and ohhhhh baby! YUM :) Currently in a food coma...

I can feel myself tensing up and feel like I have to hurry around as if I have somewhere to be or something to do...I am going to switch into relaxation mode right NOW! It's hard though, this is the first time EVER that I don't have something to worry about...the two glasses of Riesling I had at dinner are helping me chill out a little bit :)

I am excited that I can FINALLY finish reading The Undomestic Goddess on this trip, which I haven't picked up in weeks because I just haven't had the time. I also bought Water for Elephants! The trailer looks really good, and I've only heard good things about the book! 



Will you see it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...