Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April Showers...

A tribute to rain...
Photos via Pinterest. I am OBSESSED.


 






 I'd like to start off this post with a joke that a first grader told me while subbing:
 "Rain, rain go away and don't come back...hahahah!"
I know what you're thinking...that's not a joke
I wasn't going to rain on his parade
I wanted to squeeze his cute little cheeks :)
...but I didn't

It is April and we all know that means rain. Where I'm from at least.
The rain does all kinds of horrible things such as ruining hair & outdoor plans, bring gloominess to a day, etc. etc. blah, blah.


 I try to be a positive person.
SO here's to you rain! 
Here are the reasons why I can't always hate you
I love:
+Dancing in the rain & just not caring
+The adorbs rain photos all over this post
+Kissing in the rain 
+Listening to the rain as you drift off to sleep...
+Wearing my wellies :)
+Jumping in worthy puddles

At even a light drizzle I whip out my Capelli wellies because I love them and will take any excuse to wear them! They are the subtle silver lining on any rain cloud! I may be 23 but I still enjoy jumping in rain puddles like I am 3...Cody didn't understand what I meant by a "worthy puddle"; maybe you need to have a great pair of rain boots to get it? Or maybe I just have way too high of standards for the puddles I choose to jump in...

Every April will bring the rain so I think it's necessary to invest in some fabulous rain gear! It's the best way to make the best of the lousy weather. I personally have yet to find a cute & stylish rain coat (that is not outrageously expensive) until now! Here are my picks that will hopefully soon be in my closet at the ready for the rest of April and Aprils to come:
 
 Find them here: Umbrella, Rain Coat, Wellies: Western Chief & Capelli NY

7 comments:

  1. I love the rain as well, it is so beautiful I just want to dance in it.

    P.S. that joke made me laugh, oh the things little one say

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute photos! darling blog :) <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE rain too.
    when i was younger i used to watch the weather channel every single night in hopes that the next day would bring rain.
    i am loving your blog.
    new follower.

    xo
    ben-and-alex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog lady :)

    I'm gonna be honest...I'm so over the rain! I live in CA so I shouldn't be complaining since we don't get many rainy days, but I am so a sunshine kind of girl :) Although I do have a bubble umbrella similar to the one you posted and I LOVE using it...I always get quite a bit of attention and random comments about my "weird umbrella".

    xo
    Rach

    California Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore the picture with the couple standing in the rain! :)

    xo Lynzy
    http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that may not have been a joke, but I sure laughed out loud like it was one!

    best.rain.joke.ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, please oh please follow me on pinterest so that I can follow you?! Those pictures are lovely & I actually saw that one in person at the Avedon Exhibit . . . it's BEAUTIFUL.
    P.S. My pinterest name is smeyleigh. :) :)
    <3 leigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...