Sunday, April 3, 2011

More Myrtle

There is something so sweet about messages written in the sand...

I couldn't resist taking pictures of these! My heart just melts when I see sand writing. 
Prom? How stinkin cute! Where was my adorable prom invite? 
So Laguna Beach...yep, I said it.
How can you turn that down...
Nick was written in the sand for the owner of the North Coast All-Stars gym. Her son was recently in a snowboarding accident and is currently in a coma at the age of 13. The girls all showed their support by wearing white heart pins with Nick's name on it, on their bows as they competed.  
So sad! It really puts things into perspective; be grateful for what you have because things can always be worse. I didn't get a good close up picture of their bows, but you might be able to see them from a far in one of these pics.

& Some more pictures
Here are some fun action shots that I took during the cheerleading competition!

We practiced taking jumping shots in our hotel room before the girls competed so I could make sure to get great pics of them in action that weren't blurry! Success :)
My cousin Brigid is the flyer on the far left! Amazeballs, she is!
I also have a great video that I took of a cheerleading team called Cheer Extreme. I remember the name from back in the day, but apparently they have become a pretty big deal in Cheer World. Never have I seen a crowd react the way they did when this team performed. The judges literally had to ask the crowd to sit down so they could see & properly score the team and even threatened to deduct points because they couldn't see past the crowd; but the crowd remained standing and screaming. After the team was done, other cheerleaders ran over to get pictures with them. I was in shock. I'm pretty sure my cousins cried after they got to meet them... On the first day of the competition I just watched in amazement and the second day I decided to record it to share! Anyways, it's not a full video but I thought you might enjoy watching it because these girls were ungodly good! Unfortunately the uploader is being temperamental, so I'm going to use this YouTube video instead and will try uploading mine again later. Same team, same competition!


I won't bore you with anymore cheerleading pictures. I got it all out of my system, promise. As for more outfit pictures, it just didn't happen for the sake of not freezing my toosh off! I vow to be a better packer on all future trips & will try the whole outfit post thing again soon even if I'm not on vacation, because why not?

This is kind of a crappy post...poorly put together and whatnot & for that I apologize; it is Sunday and I am feeling a bit lazy!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & leaving love -- I'm looking forward to reading more of yours!
    <3 leigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...