Friday, April 8, 2011

In my make up bag...


1. Hoola bronzer- $28.00 
It's slightly pricy, but lasts FOREVER
2. Buxom lipgloss (Amber)- $18.00
3. Sonia Kashuk gel liner (ebony)- $8.99
From here on out it's ONLY gel eyeliner
4. Cover Girl Exact Eyelights mascara (green eyes)- $7.24
It really does bring out your eye color :)
Perhaps I will post photos proving this...
5. Lorac eyeshadow (Serenity-shimmering light bronze)- $19.00

These are the 5 items in my make up bag that I love best! These days anyways...


  Be on the look out for five faves found posts in the future specific to each make up item, beauty product & look (this is for an everyday natural look); I'm always on the look out for longer lasting, more affordable & just plain better products 

These are my current favorites, however I had experimented with many brands (especially mascaras; never ending hunt I tell ya) and have alternative favorites that you might like better. I find giving or receiving make up advice tricky because everyone has different skin types & features; make up that I love might just not work well for someone else's features, or vice versa
Regardless, I'm always open to try new products that are recommended to me. These are worth a try! Sephora & Ulta (where all items above can also be found) are great with returns if you aren't satisfied :)


You may have noticed that I didn't include blush in my five faves found.
This is because I currently am on the hunt for a great blush.
Right now I am using the blush in this Tarte palette:




 I received this palette as a Christmas gift in 2008 and ignored it for a while because I don't usually wear colorful eyeshadow. This is mostly because I wasn't the best at applying make up (Nowadays, I am trying to be more adventurous). I pushed it aside, and rediscovered it in my dresser a few months ago...Hallelujah!

Reunited and it feels so gooood!

I now love this baby and use it everyday, especially the blush (combo of the top two colors). I didn't include this in my five faves found because A) It's kind of cheating because it includes everything & B) I can't find the names of the colors for you to find... sadly, because this is a limited edition holiday set, I think the make up in it is all limited edition and can no longer be found :( I did some research on Tarte blushes though, and think my next blush purchase will be this:
Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush
{Amused & Blissful appear to be similar to the colors I use in my palette}


+It is infused with natural clay & uses nutrient/vitamin rich ingredients
{So supposedly, it's good for your skin. If you go to the link above you can read more}
+All positive reviews from other buyers
+$25.00

Sold.

I hope you found this helpful & enjoyable
Remember, sharing is caring & I would love to hear your feedback :)
Try any of these products?How did they work for you? 
What are some of your fave finds?

3 comments:

  1. its almost that time for me to break out my hula. mine is so messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mascara is the only makeup item I wear everyday - I'll have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by the blush, you'll have to do a little review on it!

    heyrecklessmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...