Tuesday, April 26, 2011

no car blues

This whole broken car thing is just not cool.
I keep thinking of things I can go out and do, head for the front door, then realize I am trapped without a car
I'm going to make the best of it and productively continue my spring cleaning & also order some delectable Chinese cuisine via delivery :)

Also...
A Mary Kay consultant who is a friend of a friend of the sister of my best friend asked me to participate in a before and after make up contest... or something like that.
I'm still not 100% sure of the details, but I agreed to whatever it is. 
Yikes.

This I do know: There are going to be 100 participants getting makeovers and the MK consultant is taking before and after photos. The participant who has the most drastic change from photo to photo will be the winner; I'm assuming there will be some sort of voting involved & if so I may ask a tiny favor of you all ;) 
The winner gets $2,500 towards travels, I believe...and I'd certainly love a vacation!

I'm fairly certain the goal in all this is A to recruit me as a Mary Kay consultant (which will not be happening, I have enough on my plate) & B to try to make some sales, which may or may not happen. 

Confession: I am in it for the free samples & the slim chance of winning
 I have never tried Mary Kay products. Are there any products that are worth a try?
Clearly I have NO idea what I have gotten myself into or how this works, but if I can share the before and after photos with you I will :)
Unless I look like a clown that is; I kind of hate when other people do my make up because they usually put too much on for my liking, but I'm always willing to try out different styles and techniques & it's all in good fun after all!

This should be interesting
Have a great Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like fun! I haven't tried any Mary Kay products but I have heard that they have some pretty good ones! Get as many free samples as you can and let us know what you like... I am curious about their stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...