Friday, April 29, 2011

Fascinated by fascinators

If the title didn't give it away, yes this is yet another Royal Wedding post.
Sometime early this week, I cracked.
I tried not to invest myself in the Royal Wedding...
...but it didn't work.

{Photo via Elle.com}
How could you not get excited, though?! It is such a great love story (If only every girl could be so lucky to literally meet Prince Charming in college...I could so easily be jealous but she is such a doll!) & it truly is a once in a lifetime event for most people, especially to witness as much as we were able to.
Thanks E!
I did not wake up at the wee hours of the morning to watch it, but I was up early enough to watch the first replay. If you're sick of hearing about the wedding, sorry. I'm somewhere between obsessed and over it, if that makes any sense at all.
There have been very few times when I'm watching an event like this where every aspect of it makes me genuinely wish I were there! (I have really only felt this same way about Woodstock, which is a night and day comparison to the Royal Wedding, but that's just the hippie in me) The fashion, excitement and beauty of it all literally brought me to tears. Admittedly, I am a baby when it comes to mushy-gushy stuff. If you remember back to Kay's wedding where Lindsay and I were bet on that we would be the first to cry...well that just says it all.

All of the guests and their fun fascinators & classy dresses and trench coats made me wan't to be amongst them and dressed accordingly. I wish this style was acceptable for everyday- Luckily I have 2 weddings to look forward to this summer where it will be acceptable, and after watching this wedding I am feeling a bit inspired :)

I thought Kate looked stunning and was amazed at how well she carried herself. I am without a doubt going to be a mess on my wedding day and I won't have 9 billion people watching me. Talk about pressure! And with Posh and Becks & Sir Elton John present; I would have lost it! The Beckhams looked amazeballs as always.

{Photo via Eonline.com}
On some less mushy-gushy notes:
 
+Poor Will and his balding issues :( I'm not going to lie I would have covered that up a little, but good for him for wearing his bald spot proudly! I was cracking up at JoAnna's post yesterday! Although, it is quite sad.
+Was anyone else reminded of the wedding in the movie The Sweetest Thing when you saw some of the outfit choices? Is it bad that I was?


{Photos via Elle.com & flixter.com}
The guests all truly looked beautiful. But I thought I'd share my observations with you :)
 

What did you think about the Royal Wedding?
the hype? the fashion? ya diggin it?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE "The Sweetest Thing" seriously one of my FAV movies and the fact that you make that assimilation is hilarious!!

    Love Posh and well David... he looked soooo handsome!!!

    I thought she looked amazing!!! I didn't wake up at 4a but took advantage of my DVR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. confession: I didn't watch it.

    BUT.. I am loving all of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate looks like a Disney princess, doesn't she?
    She's si lovely, allways smiling..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...