Monday, February 14, 2011

2011 Grammys

My Five Fave 2011 Grammy Highlights
 
1. Lady Gaga arriving in an egg....Oh Gaga! Her performance was incredible as always, she is such an artist even if she is a kook! Very, very Madonna! Although it certainly seemed like she was on a lil somethin somethin....anyone else get that vibe? And those shoulders and horns were a little outrageous, but again so her. I wish she would have won album/ record of the year (Can someone explain the difference? Cody seemed to think record of the year is a single from the album, but isn't that the same as song of the year? Hmm confusion).

2. Cee Lo Green's performance of "Forget You"...Idolize Elton John much? Fine by me, I love Sir Elton! But he for sure forgot some of the words in the middle of the song (watch 1:44 into the song) There were lots of bloopers at this years Grammy's. I'm surprised that Gweneth falling off the piano wasn't one of them..I thought for sure she was a goner. I thought she did great though and I'll support her singing career, if that's what we're calling it.



3. Seth Rogen calling out Miley...nuf said. This is a really crappy video, I couldn't find a better one. I'm sorry, but that was hilarious! I only wish I could have seen her face and I can't wait to hear what she has to say about it...unless she's already gone back into hiding.


 
4. I was shocked that Justin Bieber didn't win everything he was nominated for because of that Bieber Fever that's going around. At any rate, I loved his performance with Usher! I thought it was really sweet.... I love their close bond! He is just such a talented little one. And did you recognize his dance moves and style? Inspired by MJ are ya? There was yet another blooper during this performance....Did anyone else see that poor dancer fall on his back?! I felt so bad! (watch 3:48 into the video).



5. I've never been a huge fan of the song "What's my name" by Rihanna and Drake, although in general I am a huge fan of both of them! I thought they killed their performance! I loved the costumes, Drake is just plain sexy, and Damn can Rihanna move! Get-it-girl!! They had great chemistry on stage and both sounded great live. Nothing completely mind blowing or legendary, but worth watching again? Sure! 

And for a bonus highlight, speaking of good performances, Christina killed her Aretha Franklin tribute (as did all of the ladies who performed!)....and managed to remember all the words this time! I heard she fell on stage though? I guess I didn't notice...


What were your favorite moments from this years Grammy's?


On another note, how was your Valentine's Day? The restaurant was very busy this evening with lots of couples out on dates! I would have loved to be out, sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...