Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patty's Day treats!

St. Patty's Day is Thursday and I couldn't be more excited! First and foremost, I am off work ALL DAY! Last year I worked a double shift at the restaurant while my friends and family were all off enjoying the parade and celebration downtown. This year my manager and dear friend gave me the day off :) 


Secondly, it's been a while since I last baked yummy treats and this gives me an excuse...not like I really need one! I've been looking for great recipes and stumbled across these!

How cute & festive are these!




 And I LOVE any and all truffles...Little balls of joy, they are!




These are my current front runners...I have a feeling my dear truffles will win but we shall see. Maybe both? Maybe you have a better recipe for a yummy treat that you would love to share with me? ;) I also saw a recipe for beer infused cupcakes...These cupcakes were inspired by a chocolate Guinness cake recipe that calls for 1 1/3 cup Guinness and 1/3 cup of Irish Whiskey... Hmmm curious, very curious. I just don't think beer and cupcakes should ever be mixed but I must say I am intrigued.

I cannot wait to Irish jig my way around Cleveland (decked out in green from head to toe of course) with my best friend! 

parade. GREEN everything. no work. beer. downtown... EXCITED :)

What are your plans for St. Patty's Day?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...